The Brożajcki Canal

The Brożajcki Canal connecting the Gołdapa River with the Węgorapa River was built as one of the sections for floating timber to the former Koenigsberg. It was designed in 1726 by Jan Suchodolec and dug in 1733.

The canal is an unusual hydro-technical construction and an unquestionable tourist attraction on the canoe trail flowing through Skaliskie Forests. Numerous devices have survived from that period and can be found on the colourful cycling routes along the canal.